Elsie Marian Henderson sculptor, painter, draughtsman and lithographer, chiefly of wild animals, was born on the 28th. May 1889 in Eastbourne. Her mother was an amateur painter and encouraged her to draw. She studied at the Slade School from 1903 to 1905 and later in Paris. She travelled widely in Italy and Germany and in 1915 studied lithography under Ernest Jackson at the Chelsea Polytechnic . She started her own press and became a member of the Senefelder Club, Women's International Art Club, Monarro Group and Society of Graver-Printers in Colour. She specialised in capturing the power and majesty of the big cats.
In 1917 she was producing posters for the London Underground group. Her first exhibition of drawings, prints and sculpture was at the Leicester Galleries in 1924. She later had group exhibitions alongside Orivida Pissarro and Paul Nash.
In 1925 she married Baron de Coudenhove and lived in Guernsey until 1946 when she returned to England and settled in Hadlow Down where she continued to paint but made no more prints or sculpture.
She died in 1967.