Financial Details - Hadlow Down Landholdings
Village Hall land, Hut Lane – site gifted to the Parish Council 21st March 1949. Ordnance survey reference TQ532241. Leasehold. 0.131 acres. Village Hall stands on this site, the Parish Council is the custodian trustee for the hall and the Village Hall Management Committee are the management trustees. Used for exercise and recreation.
Burial Ground, School Lane – land to the west of St Mark’s Church and the closed burial ground. 11th October 1985 land transferred to the Parish Council in order to provide a burial ground. On 11th May 1994 a Deed of Exchange was made between the Parish Council and the Chichester Diocesan Fund and Board of Finance regarding the land to the north east of the current burial ground in exchange for the land to the west of the current burial ground whilst retaining the driveway behind the brick pillars. This gives a total landholding of .228 hectares.
For burial ground use. Freehold. Ordnance survey reference TQ528242.
Playing Field, School Lane – transfer of land to the Parish Council 22nd April 1974 at a cost of £3,000. Site 4 acres, leased to the Hadlow Down Playing Field Management Committee 30th June 1975, lease renewed 6th July 2004. Ordnance survey reference TQ527244. Used for exercise and recreation.
Play area, School Lane – situated between the playing field and School Lane. This was purchased by the Parish Council from the St Mark’s School House Trust at a cost of £17,500, register of title dated 26th August 2015. Site .984 acre. Ordnance survey reference TQ528245. Used for exercise and recreation and has a number of items of play equipment installed on it.
Click here for a downloadable PDF Version